Day 12 – If I won the lottery…
This is an interesting but tough one. The answer would depend on how much I won. For the sake of this, I’m going to imagine I won the motherload. Set for life with more money than I could spend in a lifetime. Here’s what I’d do.
- Set up a trust fund/college fund for Harlow. (Okay, but she’d also have to find something she loved to do in life besides shop, so maybe not a true trust fund baby.)
- Dole out a good chunk to each of my family members, with college funds for all the kids.
- Set up an animal no-kill shelter, or somehow give huge donations to animal shelters/advocacy groups.
- Buy a new house.
- Quit our jobs.
- Whole new wardrobe/shoes.
- Travel to the few places I genuinely want to see: London, Seattle, Bora-Bora. (Bora-Bora would probably be my only huge splurge…)
- Set up my photo/yoga business.
Here’s the thing about me… I’m pretty easily contented. I probably wouldn’t even get a new car because mine is only a few years old. If I was assured that my own little family was taken care of first, foremost, and forever, and that my parents/siblings/nieces/nephews wouldn’t have to worry about things like bills and college and medical bills, and had a bit left over to buy and do some fun stuff, I’d be the happiest person in the universe, because I’m already pretty happy with my life. Money would just be the raspberry on top of the sundae! (I don’t like cherries…)
What is one thing you’d splurge on if you won the lottery?