These two are not very fun, so I’ll lump them together and move on for the sake of finishing something!
Day 18 – What Am I Afraid Of?
Easy. Everything. Haha. Seriously… I’m a crazy-worrier. A short sampling…
- Fire – growing up the daughter of a fire-fighter has made me insanely nervous about all things flammable.
- Flying – I know this is a common fear, though.
- Death – Not the actual dying… I’m a Christian and believe that there is life after death. What I’m afraid of is others dying and leaving me, and of my leaving them. Especially Chris and Harlow.
- Not realizing my career aspirations. I really want to make my career dreams a reality, (not to mention not wasting a college education!), but sometimes life just flows despite you. As Queen Latifah’s character in Last Holiday, Georgia Byrd says:
Four’s enough, right? Right…
Day 19 – My Worst Habits
This is a hard one, because people don’t really notice their own worst habits, do they? I don’t smoke, I no longer bite my nails like I did in high school… Let me try…
- I don’t work out. This is a biggie that I really wish wasn’t on here. I miss it so much!
- I make piles… and leave them. I have piles and piles of papers and stuff that I never get around to taking care of. Once it gets bad enough to really bug me, I’ll go on a mad organizing spree and take care of it all, but it always seems to build back up again. Junk mail & Harlow’s daily daycare activity sheets are the worst offenders.
- Not changing my contacts often enough. I wear two-week disposables, and I often at least double that. It is a terrible habit, and I know I shouldn’t do it!
- I’m constantly touching my face. It is terrible for my skin, I’m sure, but I rub my eyes, etc…
- I spend a lot on silly things, but don’t spend money on things I actually need. For example… for our October Mommy Group, I spent a lot of money on pumpkin decorating supplies, which we didn’t even use, but would have a hard time spending that same amount of money on, say, new clothes for myself. It is ridiculous.
Okay, that’s all I’ve got, since I’ve been dealing with a crazy work week & a sick baby (more later…)
Tomorrow’s Friday, so all’s well!