I haven’t been shy about my disdain for 2019 so far, but while January was pretty terrible, February has been… not much better. I’ve been sick for almost two weeks now, and all last week, Harlow was home with me due to school closings because of the whole Polar Vortex thing. It was rough. It would have been fine, if not a little cabin-feverish, had I not been so sick, but even resting was completely impossible, let alone taking a nap.
The last thing I wanted to do was think about dinner, which is why this recipe is one of my favorites. Vegan Crock Pot Chili.
Forgive the shoddy photos… I was dying.
This recipe could not be easier, because I literally cheat on everything. I buy precooked quinoa, precut veggies, and every other shortcut I can think of. The absolute most tedious thing about this is opening the cans and rinsing the beans.
- 2 cans black beans (15oz)
- 1 can red kidney beans (15oz)
- 3 cans diced tomatoes (15oz)
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 1-2 containers pre-cooked quinoa in a cup
- 1 small container chopped peppers
- 1/2 small container onion
- 1 can summer corn (no liquid)
- chili powder to taste (I use around 2-3 tsp)
- cumin to taste (I use 1-2 tsp)
Open all the cans/containers and dump everything into the Crock Pot, rinsing the beans first. Stir it up. Set on low for 3-5 hours. Eat. Enjoy!
The actual recipe is vegan, but we always add cheddar cheese and sour cream on top because it is delicious.